Saturday 23 February 2013

Happy Birthday, Jan Marie


Happy Birthday, Jan Marie Caruso!  May your special day be filled with joy, love and laughter, and may the coming year bring many blessings your way.
I met Jan Marie and Mike during their visit to Australia last year, and I found Jan Marie to be not only the creator and owner of my favourite stamp company, but a delightful, warm, caring, smart, funny, generous person who is always willing to give praise, encouragement and.......a hug!
I wanted to make a special card to honour the Birthday of this special Friend, so I decided on a fancy-edged card made with Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8.  The papers are from Prima's Meadowlark Collection and the image is from Flourishes Bloomin' Aussie Florals stamp set (an obvious choice for this Aussie girl!)  I stamped the image with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with Copics, cut it out and mounted it with foam tape onto paper cut out with Flourishes Victorian Oval Template Dies.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Tag Lines and I finished off with pearls in the corners.

Copic Colours used were:  RV00, RV02, RV04, YG13, YG17, YG67, Y21, Y35.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, Helen -- this is just stunning!! Beautiful coloring and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, this is gorgeous! Love the die with the beautiful Flourish image!!! Thanks for helping us celebrate Jan Maries birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear Friend Helen, I am in love with this card! Thank you for creating one for me.

    I am so sad that I will not be in Australia in March. I was so hoping to be there, doctors say no for now.
    Hugs my dear,
    Jan Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Helen! Love the colouring of your blossoms. I know Jan is going to love her card. Thanks for celebrating along with us at Flourishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so delicate and beautiful Helen. Love love the framed shape you gave this and splendid coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Helen, this is STUNNING! Love the fancy card base, and gorgeously colored image! Thanks so much for joining us in Jan Marie's birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!