Friday 2 August 2013

The Bridesmaid

This weeks challenge at Timeless Tuesday is to use "Old, New, Borrowed and Blue" from the old wedding rhyme.  For my something old, I used an old DSP from Stampin' Up! called, I think, Petals and Paisleys.  I layered one piece onto blue cardstock for the base and added another piece in a notched strip layered onto pink cardstock.  My something new is the Flourishes Glamour Girls set which arrived in my letterbox last week (Yay!)  I stamped the gorgeous girl with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured her with copics, die cut with a Spellbinders Classic Oval die and layered it onto pink cardstock cut with the next size oval die.  I " borrowed" the layout from this card - a creation by the lovely Heather Jensen, and, of course, used blue in the paper, colouring, and button.  The ribbon and bow are pink seam binding.  I also added a little bling because I thought the bridesmaid should have some!!

Copic Colours used were:  B00, B02, RV10, RV13, RV21, E000, E01, E50, Y21, E31.

Thanks so much for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this happy card with it's fresh colors and beautiful coloring! The button/bow and the rhinestone flourish set the image off perfectly! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly put your new stamp set to excellent use, Helen! The colors are so soft and pretty! I am so glad you were able to play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!