Saturday 2 November 2013

The Great Outdoors

This weeks challenge at Timeless Tuesday is to use houndstooth or plaid - this is pronounced "played" here in Australia (just a bit of trivia!).  I was a bit surprised at how many of my paper pads featured plaid, but I eventually chose to use papers from Playdate DSP by My Mind's Eye.  I layered two pieces (including plaid) onto brown cardstock and across the join, I added brown May Arts Mesh plus brown grosgrain ribbon with a knot tied in it.  Then I die cut more brown cardstock with a Spellbinders Labels 22 die and added that to the background.  Finally, I stamped the image from my newly arrived Flourishes In Nature stamp set, with Memento Rich Cocoa, added the sentiment (from Flourishes Tag Lines) with Tuxedo Black, coloured it with copics, die cut it with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die and added it with foam tape.  This will be for my dear SIL's birthday next week!

Copic Colours used were: B0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, YG61, YG63, YG11, YG13, YG17, E11, E13, E15, E25, E27.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I love the textured ribbon along the side with the rustic image! Thanks for playing along with Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!