Thursday 27 February 2014

Country Scene

This weeks challenge at Timeless Tuesday is to use a stamped image but no colouring.  No Colouring!!?!  Well, that's certainly not my usual M.O. but I had to give it a try.  I chose this image from Flourishes Country Road stamp set, stamped it onto Very Vanilla (SU) cardstock with Versacolor Turquoise ink, and die cut it with a Spellbinders Radiant Rectangle die.  Then I die cut some turquoise cardstock with the next size Radiant Rectangle and adhered the image to it.  The background paper is from the Home Grown paper set from Hot Off The Press, layered onto turquoise cardstock.  Next, I cut out a piece of cream burlap - known as hessian here in Australia - and adhered it to the top left side of the card front.  I added the image piece with foam tape, then put three brown brads in the hessian and some heavy twine with a knot tied in it on the right hand side.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Well you certainly can't tell that this is not your norm, because it turned out beautifully. Love the rustic touches like the burlap and twine to complete your farm scene! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!