Wednesday 17 June 2015

Always In My Thoughts


Apparently adult colouring books are now in the top bestseller lists.  Who knew?  Well, WE did, didn't we, fellow cardmakers?  There is no better therapy than sitting down with some stamped images and colouring them.  This month over at Power Poppy, the very talented Christine Okken challnges us to colour........Oh, but wait, she is asking us to use PENCILS.  UhOh.......now that IS a challenge for a copic addict like me. So I closed my copic case and dug out an old tin of Derwent colour pencils.  I chose the Power Poppy Winter Pick Me Up digital image and sentiment and made a tag with the sentiment and coloured the image with colour pencils (different to the copics but quite fun after all!).  I die cut the image piece with a Spellbinders classic oval and then die cut some more white card with a Spellbinders Opulent Oval die.  The papers for this project came from Kaisercraft's Magic Happens Collection and were layered onto purple card.  Some rhinestone flourishes for a bit of sparkle and it was done.

Derwent Colours used were:  Imperial Purple, Prussian Blue, Deep Cadmium, Mineral Green.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Helen, you're just as good with the pencils as you are with the Copics! I'm loving all the pretty cards this challenge is bringing out. You did a beautiful job on this and I'm so glad to see it in our Power Poppy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen -- this is a WOW card if I ever did see one -- your colors are spot on perfect, your coloring is divine and that little splash of bling is the icing on the cake! So glad you joined us gals over at Power Poppy for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you dove in with the pencils! (and you’re too sweet in your kind words :)) This is just beautiful Helen! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous - just look at you go with your pencils!! Beautifully done!! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring, Helen! The softness is stunning, and what a beautiful layout! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!