Saturday 19 September 2015

Holiday Heart

This month's Power and Spark challenge at Power Poppy is to make a "gift from the heart". Well, every Christmas, I make these decorations, so I thought I would make one with a Power Poppy flair.  So, I start with a heart made of craftwood, paint the edges with gold paint and attach christmas paper to the front and back with modge podge.  There is a tiny hole at the top for the hanging ribbon. (My DH cuts these shapes out with a scroll saw for me.) This time I used Kaisercraft paper, sanded the edges then added a cream ribbon bow and some red pearls. I stamped the sentiment from Power Poppy's Bottlebrush Holiday set with red ink onto vanilla card, cut it out with a punch and inked the edges in red.  The gorgeous pointsettia is from Power Poppy's Merry Littles set, stamped with memento black ink onto blending card, coloured with copics and cut out.  I attached it with foam tape and added some "leaves" of green cardstock punched out with Martha Stewart branch punch.  These decorations can also be used as a gift tag.

Copic Colours used were:  R22, R24, R27, R89, Y21. Y26, Y38.

Thanks so much for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. This sweet decoration does have a Power Poppy flair, but it also has that lovely Helen flair too! :) This is absolutely darling! I am so happy you could play along in the Power & Spark Challenge this month and a BIG congrats on your recent mag feature, you cover girl, you! Sending hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gifts these must make! Such a perfect entry into our challenge Helen! Rustic and yet beautifully elegant too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!