Thursday 11 July 2013

Clearly Embossed

The challenge this week at Timeless Tuesday is to use Acetate.  Well, I had to think about that one for a while!  I took a piece of acetate and embossed it with Exotic EF (Couture Creations) and cut it to fit a Spellbinders Labels 13.  Then I backed it with white cardstock that I had die cut with the same size die, and topped it with a frame cut from dusty pink cardstock with two dies from the same set.  I stamped the roses from Flourishes Calendar Set 2 with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured them with copics, cut them out with scissors and attached them with foam tape to the centre of the frame piece.  I chose the background papers from Kaisercraft's True Romance paper pad, layering the roses paper onto dusty pink cardstock and the other piece onto white cardstock which had been punched down one side with a Martha Stewart border punch.  I stamped the sentiment which is from Flourishes Orchids set directly onto the patterned paper.  White pearls in both right hand side corners were the final touch.

Copic Colours used were:  RV91, RV93, RV95, G82, G85.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Helen! I love your idea on embossing the acetate...it looks really cool!!! The entire design of your card is WOW!!! Thank you for playing along with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! Helen, this is just beautiful! A gorgeous design with beautifully coloured flowers and I love how you used the acetate! Awesome! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your take on the acetate challenge with the embossing! Lovely card!!! Thanks for playing along with FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the acetate challenge!! Gorgeous result and beautiful card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!