Wednesday 3 July 2013

Stitcher's Birthday

I made this card for Mojo Monday's epic 300th Challenge.  Congratulations to the ladies there - this is certainly a stellar performance!  The Challenge is a Sketch with lots of elements.  I started with Stampin' Up!'s Pacific Point cardstock and layered on some white cardstock to which I added faux stitching around the edges.  Both background papers come from Family Ties paper pad by Pebbles (found this at the Brisbane Papercraft Expo and just love it!)  For the round element, I used a Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs  die to cut and emboss some white cardstock and then I stamped the sentiment (from Stampin' Up!'s Vintage Labels set) with Versacolor Indigo ink onto the doily.  Then I stamped the image from Flourishes Stitched for You stamp set with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics, cut it into a square, added some faux stitching with a multiliner and layered it onto some So Saffron cardstock and some Pacific Point cardstock (both Stampin' Up!).  I attached the image piece with foam tape and then added a piece of check blue ribbon with a notched end and three little buttons in coordinating colours.

Copic Colours used were:  Y21, Y35, Y38. B000, B00, B02, B24, B26, YG61, YG63, YG67, Y00, Y11.

Thanks so much for coming to visit my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love the gingham and floral prints mixed together. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday... I got you linked up to the entry form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, this is a perfect take on the sketch! Love that you used this sweet Flourishes image :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the sketch, the image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!