Tuesday 9 April 2013

In The Summertime


This months challenge at Flourishes is called Summer Lovin' - can't you just hear Olivia Newton John singing??  Anyway, I thought this great image from Flourishes On The Porch stamp set would be perfect for this theme.  A good book and a comfy chair in a cool spot - who could ask for more on a summer day?  I actually made this card for my friend, Kim, who, when she comes to visit almost always chooses to sit in a chair very like this one!  Well, I started with pink cardstock and layered on paper from a retired Stampin' Up! DSP called Tea Party.  Then I cut the pink cardstock with a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangle die and layered on another piece of paper from the same DSP and adhered it to the background.  Then I cut some blue/grey cardstock with a Spellbinders Floral Flourishes die and covered it with cyrstal effects and left it to dry before adding it to the background.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Orchids set  and is layered onto some of the blue/grey cardstock.  Finally I stamped the chair image with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics and die cut it with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die and layered it onto a Scalloped Circle cut from the pink cardstock.  Popped that piece up with foam tape and that was it!

Copic Colours used were:  B60, B63, RV10, RV13, RV21, YR12, YR15, YG61, YG63, YG67.

Thanks so much for coming to visit! 

4 comments:

  1. So fresh and delightful! I like these colors and fun little flourishes accent. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Loving Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I have a similar chair on my porch that is one of my favorite spots too! Great summer image! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, when I look this card it reminds me of fun summer *me* time :) !!! Beautiful relaxing card! Thank you for joining in the summer challenge...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the fun summer colors, your chair looks so inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!