Wednesday 1 May 2013

Garden Birthday


I made this card for this weeks Timeless Tuesday challenge which is called "It's All In The Date".  A list of every month in the year is provided, each month has a different challenge, and we are asked to use the challenge for our own birthday month.  Well, I was an October baby so my challenge was to use two or more flowers and something clear.  I couldn't resist using my new Flourishes Garden Gate stamp set (it has lots of flowers!) so I stamped the gate image with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics, and  cut it into a square.  Then I used Spellbinders Labels 26 and Classic Squares to make a frame from metallic gold cardstock.  I put a square of  acetate under the frame for the "glass" for my "something clear" and I deliberately  allowed a little bit of reflection to show in the photo so it could be seen!  The background paper is from Garden DSP (Crafters Choice), layered onto light blue cardstock.  I punched some white cardstock with Martha Stewart's doiley lace punch and layered that onto more light blue cardstock and adhered it to the left side of the background.  I added some paper flowers with brads and then a notched tag stamped with a sentiment from Flourishes Just Because stamp set.

Copic colours used were:  B0000, C1, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG03, YG63, YG67, Y11, Y13, Y15, RV00, RV02, RV04, E11, E13, E17, E19.

Thanks so much for coming to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card - very fresh and spring-like!! And I like the idea of the clear plastic 'window'!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!