Wednesday 27 August 2014

Pink Romance

It's time for another Peep of the Week challenge at Power Poppy.  This time, I have used the gorgeous Gladioli digital image created by the amazingly talented Marcella Hawley of Power Poppy.  I decided that I wanted a very romantic feel for this one so I chose my background paper from The Romantic Garden paper pad by Meg's Garden and layered it onto pinky red cardstock.  I wrapped heart shaped lace plus pink seam binding around and added a bow.  The Gladioli image was printed onto blending card, coloured with copics and die cut with a Spellbinders Classic Oval die.  I layered the image piece onto black cardstock die cut with a Spellbinders Opulent Oval die, then onto white cardstock die cut with a Spellbinders Lacey Oval and then onto the pinky red cardstock die cut with another Opulent Oval.  I added a black bling flourish for a bit of zing and it was finished.

Copic Colours used were:  R81, R85, YG61, YG63, YG67.

Thanks so much for coming to visit!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The oval frames are wonderful and the lace trim I adore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! A beautiful image on beautiful paper with gorgeous ribbon and the most amazing lace -- what more could you ask for? This is fabulous, Helen! Thanks for playing with us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally beautiful Helen! The paper is a fabulous backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen this is so pretty. I love the way the ribbon, lace, and gems all make the card flow so nicely. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!