Thursday 16 January 2014

Get Well Soon!

This weeks challenge at Timeless Tuesday is for a Winter Card with Button(s).  Well, it was a bit difficult to "think Winter" when it's the middle of a hot Summer here in Australia!!  However, it was Flourishes Winter Blossom stamp set to the rescue (thanks for the idea, Ally!).  I started this one with a piece of white cardstock and punched one end with a Martha Stewart border punch, embossed the rest with Couture Creations Allora embossing folder, wrapped some lilac ribbon around it, and layered it onto dark purple cardstock.  Then I die cut some more dark purple cardstock with a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangle die and adhered this to the card front.  Next, I stamped the images and the sentiment from Flourishes Winter Blossom set with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics, cut it into a rectangle, and rounded the corners with a punch.  I added three buttons in three different shades of purple and added the image piece with foam tape.  Finally, I tied a bow with the lilac ribbon and stitched a sparkly lilac button to the centre and attached it to the card front.

Copic Colours used were:  V09, BV000, B0000, C1, Y00, YG11, YG13, G21, G82, G43, G46.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Helen, your winter card is gorgeous! I just love the way you colored the images, and the punched edge and Nestie die cut are fab! I'm so glad you played along with us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Soft and pretty, love the border and button treatment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE the way you used these Floral Stamps!!!!!:) FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet it was a stretch to get in the wintry spirit for this challenge, but you did it beautifully! Love those winter blossoms on this darling card! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!