Tuesday 28 January 2014

Red, White & Blue

This weeks challenge at JustRite Papercrafts is to use background stamps in an un usual way.  I was inspired by Heidi Blankinship's tutorial on cutting stamped background into different shapes.  So I stamped JustRite's Vintage Wallpaper background stamp with Stampin' Up! Real Red ink onto white cardstock, cut it into three equal horizontal strips and layered them onto blue cardstock.  Then I stamped JustRite's Scrolled Vine background stamp with Versacolor Indigo ink onto white cardstock, cut out one of the decorative pieces and layered it onto blue cardstock which had been punched on one end with a Martha Stewart border punch to make the vertical panel.  Then I stamped the image from JustRite's Anchors Away set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto blending card, then added the ship image by inking it with the Indigo ink, stamping it once onto scrap paper then onto the image and then over-stamping it with the sentiment.  Then I coloured the image with copics, cut it out, layered it onto blue cardstock and added it to the card front with foam tape.  Finally, I stamped a portion of the Vintage Wallpaper stamp with the Indigo ink, die cut it with the two smallest Spellbinders Squares Nestabilities to create a frame, cut it in two diagonally and adhered the two pieces to the two right hand corners of the card front.

Copic Colours used were:  R24, B26, C1, B0000.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

5 comments:

  1. This is so fun and creative! Love all the elements! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I like that you used two background stamps. Fabulous card design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome! Great to give to a girl or guy and the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome way to use those backgrounds! Fabulous and also nautical!! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!