Wednesday 15 January 2014

Peonies

I made this card for the Friday Challenge at JustRite Papercraft.  It is a colour challenge with the colours Lipstick Red, Peach Puff and Blue Green with an inspiration picture.  I thought the flowers in the picture looked a bit like peonies so I went with that!  The background papers are from Kaisercraft's Fine & Sunny collection layered onto red cardstock, and I added some peach lace and turquoise striped ribbon to cover the join.  The centre panel is a piece of peach cardstock die cut with a Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle and I stamped the sentiment (from JustRites Anchors Away set) with Versacolor Turquoise ink directly onto it.  Then I created an open frame by die cutting some turquoise cardstock with a Spellbinders Lacey Circle and a Spellbinders Standard Circle.  Finally, I stamped the Peony image from JustRites Seeds of Summer set, twice onto blending card with Memento ink, coloured them with copics, cut them out and attached them with foam tape. 

Copic Colours used were:  R22, R24, R27, BG10, BG11, G20, G24.

Thanks for coming to visit!

7 comments:

  1. your coloring is beautiful and I love the layout and design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job with the Colour challenge, fabby design and love what you did with the flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet and heartwarming card! I really like your patterned papers and your flowers are just gorgeous! You are a very good colorer ....your leaves look great.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Helen!! I love the flowers and the contrast in the colours. It looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! Your flowers are gorgeous! Your card is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloring! I find it hard to color white sometimes but you did a great job! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the papers you used. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!